Laser Safety in the Practice Environment - Workshop
Saturday, April 14 | 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM | Room: Coronado A
Participants The activity is designed for the beginner and experienced physicians, allied health personnel and industry members who are involved in a clinical based aesthetic practice.
Background Requirements No background required, just a willingness to learn.
Educational Needs/Expected Learning Objectives
- Physicians will learn to evaluate the immediate skin responses (endpoints) that impact safety and efficacy.
- Physicians will be able to describe the potentially harmful effects of energy based vaporized tissue plume and ejected tissue particles on staff and patients along with the appropriate safety procedural controls.
- Physicians will be able to describe common local and topical anesthetics, dosimetry, clinical effects, signs and symptoms of toxicity, and treatment course for complications.
- Physicians will have a deeper understanding of their local regulatory environment.
- Physicians will attend to ocular safety and incorporate safe zones of treatment and protective measures in clinical practice.
Director(s) Patricia A. Owens, RN, MHA, CMLSO, CNOR; Molly Wanner, MD, MBA
Faculty Brian S. Biesman, MD; Catherine M. DiGiorgio, MD; H. Ray Jalian, MD; Kachiu C. Lee, MD
|7:00 AM - 7:05 AM
||Introduction and Pre-Test - Patricia A. Owens & Molly Wanner
|7:06 AM - 7:26 AM
||Avoiding the Danger Zone: Safe and Unsafe Clinical Endpoints in Laser Surgery - Molly Wanner
|7:27 AM - 7:42 AM
||Local and Topical Anesthetics: Combinations, Dosimetry, and Complications - H. Ray Jalian
|7:43 AM - 7:58 AM
||Ocular Safety with Lasers, Light and Radiofrequency Devices - Brian S. Biesman
|7:59 AM - 8:04 AM
|8:05 AM - 8:22 AM
||Aesthetic Plume: Controlling the Hazards - Kachiu C. Lee
|8:23 AM - 8:38 AM
||The Definitive Standards: ANSI Z136.3 Standards for Laser Treatment Areas - Patricia A. Owens
|8:39 AM - 8:54 AM
||The Nuances of State Regulations - Catherine M. DiGiorgio
|8:55 AM - 9:00 AM
||Q&A, Conclusion and Post-Test - Patricia A. Owens & Molly Wanner
Schedule and rooms subject to change without notice