New Treatments for Tackling Scars - Breakfast
Thursday, April 12 | 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM | Room: Sapphire
Participants Dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and other practitioners who consult on and treat scars.
Background Requirements There are no specific background requirements (basic laser experience helpful).
Educational Needs/Expected Learning Objectives After attending this session, physicians will be able to
- Identify the different types of scars and various techniques that can enhance scar revision; recite the various goals of scar revision and the expected outcomes of available treatments.
- Demonstrate competence in the evaluation of scars; share clinical pearls, surgical tips and laser parameters for treatment of acne, surgical, burn and traumatic scars.
- Review advanced surgical and laser techniques for scar reconstruction including laser-assisted drug delivery, Z-plasty, skin replacement and scar contracture release.
- Explain the indications, algorithms and limitations of laser and light modalities used in the treatment of scars; select and employ the appropriate treatment options.
- Provide optimal management of patients with various types of disfiguring scars.
Director(s) Jill S. Waibel, MD
Faculty Roy G. Geronemus, MD
|7:00 AM - 7:03 AM
||Introduction and Pre-Test - Jill S. Waibel
|7:04 AM - 7:19 AM
||Laser and Surgical Reconstruction and Restoration of Acne Scars - Roy G. Geronemus
|7:20 AM - 7:35 AM
||Laser Approach to Acne and Surgical Scars - TBD
|7:36 AM - 7:51 AM
||Laser Treatment of Burn and Trauma Scar Revision - Jill S. Waibel
|7:52 AM - 8:00 AM
||Q&A, Conclusion and Post-Test - Jill S. Waibel
Schedule and rooms subject to change without notice