REGISTRATION INFORMATION COMING SOON!
This course will provide participants with an understanding of lasers and other light energy based technology and their use in clinical aesthetic applications.
This course is designed for physicians, other clinicians, scientists, and individuals in industry who currently use or are investigating use of lasers in their practice. This course is beneficial for anyone who wishes to have a deeper understanding of how lasers work and then apply that knowledge to achieve optimum clinical outcomes.
Minimal background and experience in the field of laser and other light-based technology and their application in health care.
Instructional Content and/or Expected Learning Outcomes
- Be introduced to the basic science of how lasers and other related light energy technologies work.
- Become familiar with the interactions and effects of light based energy on human tissues.
- Be introduced to a cross-section of lasers and other light based energy technologies and their most appropriate aesthetic applications.
- Be introduced to the use of lasers in the treatment of a variety of aesthetic procedures and device applications including; hair removal, vascular lesions, skin tightening, skin rejuvenation, acne scars, port wine stains, irregular pigmentation, nevi, melasma, tattoos, RF needling, non-invasive fat reduction and treatment, and the interactions and complimentary use of light based technology with muscle relaxers and fillers.
- Be provided with best practice patient selection criteria, patient safety procedures, and patient relationship building practices which result in improved patient outcomes.
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Continuing Medical Education Credit
The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. For more information, see our continuing medical education details as well as credit guidelines and expectations.
CE Contact Hours
This offering by the ASLMS, in conjunction with Professional Medical Education Association, is accredited for 11.5 CE contact hours. Professional Medical Education Association is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 12386. Note: Most State Boards of Nursing accept another State Board's approval for granting credits. Check with the Board of Nursing in your state for clarification. Certificates of Attendance will be provided.
Hotel & Travel
ASLMS does not have a contracted, reduced rate block with a particular hotel. Below is a map of choices which are within reasonable distance from the Beckman Laser Institute. Attendees are responsible for their own transportation to and from the Beckman Laser Institute. Please check with the hotel regarding shuttle transportation well in advance of the event.
Airport / Transportation
The John Wayne/Orange County Airport (SNA) is conveniently located near hotels and the Beckman Laser Institute. The Beckman Laser Institute (BLI) is located at 1002 Health Sciences Road East in Irvine, CA. Each hotel has accessible taxi service to/from BLI. Attendees are encouraged to make shuttle arrangements in advance. Attendees are responsible for coordinating their own transportation and parking. Directions to BLI
For more information, please contact ASLMS at (715) 845-9283, toll free at (877) 258-6028 or email email@example.com.