ASLMS Strategic Plan
- Multidisciplinary and Multispecialty. ASLMS will be the global forum to facilitate multidisciplinary, cutting edge learning and exchange of research and clinical experience in the use of energy-based devices to optimize patient care.
- Enhance multispecialty interaction, first focusing on gynecology and urology, followed by new developments in physical therapy, occupational therapy, photobiomodulation and oncology, then focus on veterinary medicine in conjunction with energy-based devices.
- Redefine the Society’s membership qualifications, categories and dues.
- Examine affordability of the Annual Conference registration and pursue alternatives to increase accessibility by multiple disciplines.
- Member Engagement. ASLMS will increase the engagement of members globally, inclusive of multiple disciplines, by promoting Society benefits and encouraging involvement.
- Develop an ASLMS app and/or online secure member-only forum to provide year-round exchange of information, CME tracking, journal access, Society events, and social media.
- Create opportunities to engage the silent majority in committees, and peer-to-peer exchanges.
- Reach out to international societies, particularly European and Asian organizations, to identify ways to cooperate through cross-promotion and/or collaborate at live activities.
- Facilitate networking across generations.
- Education and Research. ASLMS will support creating and sharing research and knowledge to expand the use and understanding of energy-based devices through interchange between various disciplines/specialties across the learning continuum.
- Expand and promote online educational opportunities.
- Increase clinical and hands-on training opportunities at the Annual Conference and regional meetings via CME-based education and/or non-CME industry-guided education forums to maximize interdisciplinary exchange.
- Expand educational content to be relevant to a global audience.
- Expand peer-to-peer learning interaction and experiences. Encourage and stimulate ASLMS directed meritorious research.
- Safe and Ethical Use. ASLMS will promote the safe, effective and ethical use of, and education for, energy-based devices.
- Initiate a Safety Awareness Committee to help facilitate safe use of energy-based devices.
- Develop and update safety protocols, guidelines, checklists, and position statements for training and treatment for the benefit of our patients and staff.
- Promote patient and staff safety through periodic newsletters and online content.
- Increase awareness of CME and ACCME regulations through communications with industry and speakers.
Approved by the Board of Directors November 14, 2018