Review all information below before proceeding to specific guidelines (right side-bar menu per speaker/planner type).
ACCME/CME, HIPAA and FDA
Per ACCME/CME regulations, all presentation materials must be without the appearance of a conflict of interest and cannot contain any advertising, trade names, corporate logos, or product-group messages. Presentation materials must be 'generic' rather than 'brand name' in nature and an effort should be made to include other comparable technologies in the discussions (e.g. IPL, RF, etc) and objectively address both the pros and cons of the subject, if applicable
HIPAA Privacy Rule
All patient photographs and data included in your presentation materials must comply with current HIPAA regulations and should not contain protected health information. Protected health information includes: a patient’s name, website, home address, any identifying numbers (including Social Security, medical records, insurance numbers, biomedical devices, vehicle identifiers and license number); full facial photos and other biometrics identifiers; and dates (such as birth date, dates of admission and discharge, and death).
Please be advised that FDA approval is specific as regards approved uses and labeling of drugs and devices. Therefore prior to their presentation, the speaker must disclose whether the content of their presentation describes any off-label uses of drugs, instruments or devices, and whether drugs, instruments, or devices discussed are FDA approved.
Everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity must disclose all financial relationships with any commercial interest they and their spouse/partner may have received within the last 12 months. Including:
- Section Chairs for Abstract Sessions
- Presenting Abstract Authors - Responsible for making sure Co-Authors have submitted disclosure information
- Abstract Co-Authors
- Course Directors
review of disclosures and selection of presenters
- Disclosures are reviewed by the ASLMS Staff, CME Director and CME Advisory Committee.
- If it appears there is a conflict of interest or if a presenter fails to disclose all financial relationships, the presenter may be disqualified from participating as a CME planner/speaker.
Disclosures at the presentation
- All presenters must include a slide at the beginning of their PowerPoint presentation with their disclosure information then orally disclose and give the audience ample time to view their disclosure information.
- If a presenter does not pre-disclose, refuses to disclose or it becomes apparent during the presentation that a conflict of interest exists, the session leaders may ask the presenter to case their presentation.
See Policy on Mechanism to Identify Financial Relationships and Resolve Conflict of Interest for further information.
Speaker Ready Room and Audio Visual
- At the Conference, personal devices such as laptops, tablets or phones will not be allowed for presentations.
- To assure the smooth transition between presentations, all speakers are required to check their presentations at the ASLMS Speaker Ready Room at least 12 hours in advance of scheduled presentation time. This will allow presenters time to assure compatibility, prepare, rehearse and finalize the presentation, as you will be able to view and make changes to a presentation before your session.
West Building | Room 103A
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020 | 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday, April 20, 2020 | 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday, May 1, 2020 | 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Saturday, May 2, 2020 | 6:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Sunday, May 3, 2020 | 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Registration and Travel
register for the Annual Conference
Presenters are responsible for completing their own conference registration and must pay the full registration fee, if applicable.
To encourage student participation, ASLMS will again offer waived Annual Conference registration fees for residents, post-doctoral fellows-in-training and students (undergraduate and graduate) and a 50% discount on select courses. If qualified, indicate status on the registration form and include required documentation.
Members receive reduced rates on the Annual Conference registration and pre-conference courses.
Presenters are responsible for making their own travel and hotel reservations. We encourage booking early as all reservations will be confirmed on a space available basis and per applicable deadlines for the ASLMS room block.
Select the appropriate link below to view the requirements: