Abstract Presenter Requirements
The Presentation Upload Site will open by mid-December, 2020. Please check back at that time.
Per ACCME/CME regulations, all presentation materials must be without the appearance of a conflict of interest and cannot contain any advertising, trade names, corporate logos, or product-group messages. (Non-Commercial Interest logos, such as University or Laboratory groups are permitted.)
Important Items to Review
- CME Directives for ASLMS Planners, Teachers and Authors
- Important directives to review regarding the "Dos and Do Nots" for every abstract author who is participating in a CME Educational Activity. Learn More
- ASLMS Policy on Mechanism to Identify Financial Relationships and Resolve Conflict of Interest
- Important policy to review regarding the Mechanism to Identify Financial Relationships and Resolve Conflict of Interest. Be sure to review the section of the policy that pertains to your participation with the ASLMS. Learn More
Oral Presentation Mentorship
If you would like a presentation mentor to help review grammar or provide coaching tips for oral presentation, please send a copy of your PowerPoint with your request. We will pair you with an ASLMS mentor.
Upload Presentation by March 9, 2020
- Per ACCME regulation and ASLMS policy, all presentations must be reviewed by first by Central Office staff, then by Section Chairs AND finally by the CME Director to identify and resolve all COI and to finalize acceptance for CME presentation. This is a lengthy process and we appreciate your cooperation.
- This is a hard deadline. Non-compliant speakers may be barred from presenting for one or more years.
- If you have further questions regarding this requirement, please contact email@example.com.
Abstract Slide Presentation Guidelines
- A disclosure slide listing any and all financial relationships with CME defined commercial interests acquired within the past 12 months will be automatically added to the presentation once it is uploaded.
- Use "generic" rather than "brand names", include other comparable technologies in discussions, and objectively address both pros and cons.
- Appearance of COI (i.e. bias or content directly pertinent to disclosures) is not permitted.
- Advertising, trade names, corporate logos or product-group messages are NOT allowed.
- PowerPoint Presentation (pptx).
- 16:9 ratio (widescreen format).
- Be sure your presentation is in 16:9 ratio format or it may not display correctly on the front screen!
Length and Content
Time guidelines will be strictly enforced out of fairness. Please be respectful of assigned time.
- The session Section Chair(s) will provide separate time for Q&A.
- There will be no exceptions regarding the length of any presentation.
- Given time constraints and possible projection issues, videos are not recommended.
- Internet-based, embedded content will not be supported.
- Keep the PowerPoint within 5-10 slides for an even pace and easy-to-follow presentation.
- Tip: Focus on the data and what it means. Keep slides uncluttered, and consider using appropriate images, diagrams, tables and figures for clarity.
The Presentation Upload Site will open by mid-December, 2020.