Course Directors are selected by the Annual Conference Program Chair(s) and responsible for organizing and directing select programs at the Annual Conference. Specific duties include:
- Provide leadership for the determination and updating of objectives and core curriculum.
- Provide course planning materials in a timely fashion to meet publication and production deadlines.
- Assure program compliance with ACCME regulations:
- ACCME regulations require that all presentations be given without the appearance of a conflict of interest and cannot contain any advertising, trade names, corporate logos, or product-group messages. Your presentation must be “generic” rather than “brand name” in nature and an effort should be made to include other comparable technologies in the discussions (e.g. IPL, RF, etc) and objectively address both the pros and cons of the subject, if applicable. During the Q&A session, you can answer specific device questions, but the actual presentation must be generic in nature.
- Review post-conference critiques, and provide timely summary evaluations to Central Office.
Course Director Remuneration
The Finance Committee has approved a uniform policy for reimbursement, which is consistent with our current fiscal situation and the ACCME coalition. The coalition believes that members should share their knowledge freely; however, we feel that this is overly stark. Therefore, in consideration of our appreciation of your contribution to the Society and your field, the Society will waive your registration fee for the course you are teaching in (if applicable).
*Course Directors are still responsible for the conference registration fee and/or fees for other pre-conference courses they may wish to attend.
Hotel and Travel
Our host hotel is the Hilton Anatole and the ASLMS has a group rate. Please make hotel reservations as soon as possible, as rooms are based on availability.
Link coming soon!
To see a listing of all your scheduled presentations for this year's conference, visit here.