Planning and Presentation Guidelines
ALL Presenters must upload presenations by March 9, 2020.
The ASLMS Office will email the Presenation Upload Site link to you.
ACCME / cme note:
- It is important that content be "generic" rather than "brand name" in nature, and an effort should be made to include other technologies and competing products in the discussions (e.g. IPL, RF, etc.).
- During the Q&A session, presenters can answer specific device questions, but the actual presentations must be generic in nature.
oral presentation mentorship
If you would like a presentation mentor to help review grammar or provide coaching tips for oral presentation, please send a copy of your PowerPoint presentation with your request. We will pair you with an ASLMS mentor. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- A disclosure slide listing any and all financial relationships with ACCME defined commercial interests acquired within the past 12 months will be automatically added to the presentation once uploaded.
- Appearance of COI (i.e. bias or content directly pertinent to disclosures) is not permitted.
- Advertising, trade names, corporate logos or product-group messages are NOT allowed.
- Videos are not recommended due to time limits.
- Internet-based, embedded content will not be supported.
- Presenters may either use the ePoster as their presentation, or create a separate PowerPoint. If creating a separate presentation, keep the PowerPoint within 5 slides for an even paced and easy-to-follow presentation.
- Time guidelines will be strictly enforced out of fairness. Most abstracts must be presented within 3 minutes. Allotted time will be determined by the Section Chair.
- The Section Chairs will provide separate time for Q&A.
- PowerPoint Presentation (pptx).
- 16:9 ratio (widescreen format).
- All presentations will be pre-loaded on the ASLMS Presentation Upload Site.
- The Presentation Upload Site will open prior to the Annual Conference.
- All presenters are required to check-in at the Speaker Ready Room at least 12 hours prior to their presentation.
- This allows time to ensure compatibility, prepare, rehearse and finalize presentations.
- Presenters will not be able to use personal devices for presentations.
Hotel and Travel
The ASLMS provides a group hotel rate. Please make hotel reservations as soon as possible, as rooms are based on availability.