Abstract Presenting Author Educational Scholarship
Educational Scholarships are available for select students and medical/research trainees who submit an abstract and are accepted as the presenting author for oral presentation at the Annual Conference. See requirements below.
If you have questions, regarding eligibility or the submission process, contact email@example.com,
Educational Scholarship Application Deadline
DUE BY JANUARY 10, 2021 (Late Breaking deadline)
Application Form Available via the Abstract Submission Process.
Or, if you are not the submitter but will be indicated as a qualified presenting author on a submitted abstract, follow the link below to submit your application.
- Available Funds: Scholarships for the 2021 Virtual Annual Conference will be offered as a waived conference registration feel (at the student/resident/fellow rate). A limited number will be available and will be offered based on abstract review and ranking by the Section Chairs.
- Eligibility: Available to ASLMS members who represent at least one status from the list below and are within a maximum of 7 years from start-date of post-doctorate training:
- Undergraduate Student
- Medical Student
- Enrolled in a current residency program
- Fellow-in-Training doing patient-oriented research
- Graduate student or post-doctoral trainee currently involved full-time in biomedical laser research.
- Required Items: While applicants may submit multiple abstracts, each with a separate scholarship application, selected recipients are limited to one scholarship. A complete application will include:
- Applicant must have current ASLMS membership, or in applicant status
- Abstract must be submitted for consideration at the upcoming Annual Conference
- Abstract Presenting Author Scholarship application form completion
- Letter from a direct supervisor that verifies status and eligibility
- Deadline: Membership, abstracts, applications, and verification letters must be submitted by the Late Breaking abstract deadline (see deadlines above)
- Recipient Selection: Submitted abstracts must be accepted for oral presentation within one of the general sessions or ePoster Town Hall. Abstracts will be reviewed based on quality criteria and ranked by a designated sub-committee.
- Presenting Authors selected as scholarship recipients must complete their assigned oral presentation at the ASLMS Annual Conference.
- Presenting Author recipients must also submit a manuscript of their research activities to the Editorial Office of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, to be considered for publication, by the next Annual Conference abstract deadline (October 1, following conference).
- Notification: Applicants will be notified via email of your abstract and scholarship status no later than February, preceding the conference.
No scholarship will be awarded to any person if the award would be contrary to any United States law, including but not limited to trade embargoes administered by the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control.