Online bidding ends April 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM CST
*Sales tax will only be applied to the purchase price if the winning bidder is a Wisconsin resident.
The Annual ASLMS Silent Auction offers Annual Conference attendees the opportunity to receive great deals on medical laser equipment and supplies as well as other exciting items.
All net proceeds from the Silent Auction will be designated to fund research grants designed to foster the development and use of lasers and energy related technologies in medical and surgical applications.
As in any Silent Auction, the success of the event is entirely in your hands. The Silent Auction Committee and ASLMS Board of Directors have secured many valuable items and now we need you, the member and non-member conference attendees, to support their efforts by placing bids!
2019 Auction Items
Exhibitors and individuals have donated items including: medical equipment, on-site preceptorships, supplies, electronics, wine, and more!
View Items Now:
SILENT AUCTION BIDDING
Begins: Friday, March 29 | 9:00 AM MST
Ends: Saturday, March 30 | 6:30 PM MST
LIVE AUCTION BIDDING
Saturday, March 30 | 5:45 PM - 6:15 PM MST
BIDDING AFTER THE CONFERENCE
Begins: Thursday, April 11, 2019 | 8:00 AM CST
Ends: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 | 11:59 PM CST
New for 2019! No more clipboards! Make your bids via the mobile app or at the kiosk located in the Silent Auction area at the back of Exhibit Hall A.
- See Silent Auction Bidding at top of Program-at-a-Glance (Fri/Sat).
- You must be logged in to the app to see bid sheet or place a bid.
- Click on each item to view the item details, see the current bid sheet, and place your bid.
- To cancel a bid you have previously placed, email email@example.com. Please be sure to indicate what item you bid on.
Kiosk: Follow instructions on the screen to locate items and place your bids.
- Minimum bids start at 50% of total value.
- Winning bids will be announced at 6:40 PM via overhead announcement and the app.
- Winning bidders may proceed to the ASLMS Booth (533) to make/arrange payment.
- Winning bidders that are not in attendance at the close of the Silent Auction will be notified and arrangements will be made to complete the purchase.
- You can preview the items online, via the mobile app or at the kiosk (see above for instructions).
- Bidding on these items will take place during the Live Auction starting at 5:45 PM on Saturday, March 29 in the presentation area at the back of Exhibit Hall A.
- Bidder numbers will be available on tables in the area.
- Winning bidders may proceed to the ASLMS Booth (533) to make/arrange payment.
Silent and Live Auction Terms
- Only conference attendees can bid in the Silent and Live Auctions
- Participants must be 21 years of age or older.
- For liability reasons, some medical devices can only be purchased by physicians.
Bidding After the Conference
- Items that do not receive the minimum bid onsite will be available online Thursday, April 11, 2019 until Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
- Website: aslms.org/annual-conference-2019/explore/silent-auction
- Mobile App: follow instructions above to access items via the mobile app
- Only ASLMS members are eligible to bid.
- Highest bidder of the item at the close of the auction wins.
Terms & Conditions for Bidders
Net proceeds from this auction will be used to expand ASLMS’s research and education programs and to make grants for research projects relating to the use of lasers in medicine and surgery. The value of the bid more than an item’s fair market value may be tax deductible. Please consult your tax advisor.
Participating in the auction constitutes acceptance of the Terms & Conditions of this auction.
Bidding opens live on-site to all conference attendees at 9:00 AM on Friday, March 29, 2019 and will continue until 6:30 PM on Saturday, March 30, 2019.
ASLMS reserves the right to request from a bidder confirmation of available funds, such as a bank letter of credit, to support the validity of any bid.
The winning bid on each item will be determined by the highest bid over minimum starting bid received. Winning bids will be announced in the Exhibit Hall at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado at 6:40 PM on Saturday, March 30, 2019.
ASLMS reserves the right to hold the bidding open for any item that does not receive the minimum bid prior to the scheduled closing time of the on-site Auction. Items that do not receive the minimum bid will become part of an ASLMS Online Auction opening on Thursday, April 11, 2019. The winning bidder in the ASLMS Online Auction will be the highest bidder when the auction closes Tuesday, April 30, 2019. Only ASLMS members will be eligible to bid online after the close of the Annual Conference. The bidder and recipient MUST meet bidder qualifications to receive the item and is responsible for shipping and handling costs.
ASLMS cannot be held responsible for server downtime or a bidder’s inability to access our website which may affect timely submission of bids.
By placing a bid, you are making a legally binding and irrevocable agreement to purchase the item at a price equal to your bid. If your bid is the high/winning bid, you are legally obligated to purchase the item at that price in addition to the required 4.31% sales tax required by the City & County of Denver. You also agree to pay shipping and handling costs.
- For items purchased at the Annual Conference, payment must be received by Monday, April 8.
- For items purchased through the Online Auction payment must be received by telephone (715) 845-9283, or by fax (715) 848-2493 no later than Friday, May 10, 2019. Winning online bidders will be notified by an ASLMS staff member as soon as possible following conclusion of the Online Auction on Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
Failure to make payment arrangements as required by this paragraph will automatically disqualify the winning bid and the next highest bidder will be declared the winner.
During the conference, payment, in U.S. currency, may be made in cash or by charging to the bidder’s personal or business Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card. After the conference, acceptable methods of payment are certified personal or company check, money order, or cashier’s check payable to ASLMS, or the purchase price may be charged to the bidder’s personal or business Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card.
ASLMS is unable to grant refunds or accept returns on these donated items.
Your donation is deductible under federal tax laws. All inquiries regarding ASLMS and its charitable solicitation registration, including requests for a copy of ASLMS’ financial statement, may be directed to ASLMS.
ASLMS is registered as a charitable organization in multiple states, including but not limited to the states listed below, and the District of Columbia (under certificate no. 253917). REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY ANY STATE IN WHICH ASLMS IS REGISTERED.
All inquiries and requests for information, including a copy of the current financial statement of ASLMS, may be directed to Paula Deffner, Accounting Specialist, by mail at American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc., 2100 Stewart Avenue, Suite 240, Wausau, WI 54401; by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by telephone at (715) 845-9283; or by fax at (715) 848-2493; or to specific states as identified below.
FLORIDA: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA OR ONLINE AT www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com, REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE." REGISTRATION #: CH19572.”
MARYLAND: DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION SUBMITTED UNDER THE MARYLAND SOLICITATIONS ACT ARE AVAILABLE, FOR THE COST OF POSTAGE AND COPIES, FROM THE MARYLAND SECRETARY OF STATE, STATE HOUSE, ANNAPOLIS, MD 21401, (410) 974-5534.
NEW JERSEY: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY ASLMS DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973) 504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/charities.
NEW YORK: A COPY OF THE LATEST ANNUAL REPORT MAY BE OBTAINED, UPON REQUEST, FROM THE NEW YORK ATTORNEY GENERAL, CHARITIES BUREAU, 120 BROADWAY, 3RD FLOOR, NEW YORK, NY 10271.
NORTH CAROLINA: FINANCIAL INFORMATION ABOUT ASLMS AND A COPY OF ITS LICENSE ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE STATE SOLICITATION LICENSING BRANCH AT (919) 814-5400 OR WITHIN THE STATE AT (888) 830-4989.
PENNSYLVANIA: THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR LASER MEDICINE AND SURGERY, INC. MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF STATE BY CALLING TOLL FREE, WITHIN PENNSYLVANIA, (800) 732-0999. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.
VIRGINIA: A COPY OF THE FINANCIAL STATEMENT OF ASLMS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FROM THE VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND CONSUMER SERVICES, OFFICE OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS, AT (804) 786-3523.
WASHINGTON: ASLMS IS REGISTERED WITH WASHINGTON STATE’S CHARITIES PROGRAM AS REQUIRED BY LAW AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE BY CALLING (800) 332-4483 OR VISITING www.sos.wa.gov/charities.